One last song...

So my wife's Dad was running around back in the 60s with a guitar and head full of songs. In the late 90's he would visit us in Nashville and hang with our song writer/guitar picking friends. Nashville can be a hard place to hold your ground in that world sometimes but he always fit right in. He did this great version of St. James Infirmary Blues. After he passed away last year I really wanted to learn it. This weekend I was working on it and then remembered I had a recording of him singing and playing it. I ran his version through the PA and started playing behind the song on my Les Paul. After a few notes I got the chills. Then I realized I had to record it. It was like playing guitar with him again.
This is for Ang and her Dad...


ComScore

No comments:

Post a Comment