New Fender GDEC 3 Vs. 1969 Twin Reverb!

I'm open minded. I love tube amps and all the "toney" goodness they provide. There is nothing like a cooking tube to get that perfect sound. I have also been open minded to modeling amps. Even the old modeling amps that were terrible I still found interesting. To me it's all sound. So when Larry at World Music Nashville said, "Billy, I have just the thing for you!" I followed. He led me down the road to the new Fender GDEC 3 modeling amp. Now some of you will immediately have a bad taste in your mouth as soon as I cross over to the electronic side of sound BUT WAIT! This just might be the best modeling amp out right now. I wanted to put it to the test and I did. My friend Brian B. is a tube amp man from way back. We decided to take his 1969 Twin Reverb and put it next to my Fender GDEC 3 30 watt amp and see how close this thing really was. I have never seen this done before, especially with this amp. After a long evening of A/Bing them we came to a conclusion. You can reach your own by watching the video....


No comments:

Post a Comment