Billy Hell and Mike Wolfe from American Pickers!

So there I was, sitting in my high powered golf cart  at my show in Leipers Fork, TN. Tony D.  and I were on the top of a hill sipping a Budweiser when Tony D. proclaimed, "BILLY! That's the American Picker van!!!". He hadn't finished his sentence before I was hooking it across that field at 28 MPH with my over sized mud tires throwing up dust. Sure as Hell it was Mike Wolfe from my favorite show, American Pickers! He was picking up a nice 1963 VW bus with no windows. It looked like a blue submarine. Mike and I know each other from back before the American Pickers show began. About six years ago we spent a leisurely afternoon sipping a...you guessed it, Budweiser. He left sporting a Billy Hell t-shirt and I told my buddy Bryce Custer, "he's good people!' Mike was nice enough to come over to my annual air show and say hey to everyone. All 80 plus pilots were pretty excited he was there. We got him on some  FPV goggles (first person video) and flew a plane around the event so he could see it as the bird flies. He was gracious enough to accommodate the guys for photos. I brought out my pinstriped JimmyC Gretsch and Mike told me about a 1932 National he had just picked up. You can check out my photos and interview at the bottom of this post. I want to also give a big thanks to Mike for taking the time and hanging out with us He made everyone's day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAzM4c5NGzc





No comments:

Post a Comment