Jimmy Page Wiring for my Les Paul

If the question is, "Billy will you try to do as many things as possible to one guitar as you can?" then the answer would have to be Hell yes. I can't really stop myself and I enjoy it so why should I? When looking for wiring schemes for my Les Paul Plustop Pro/FX I found out that the Jimmy Page wiring scheme is the most complicated and that was all it took. While rewiring a guitar can seem intimidating it really isn't. It's just a bunch of wires and all you have to do is make them look like the wires in the picture. Sure you need to know how to solder but that isn't very hard either. Making your wiring look pretty...now that is hard, and while I have done it a few times usually it looks more like multicolored spaghetti and I'm fine with that as long as my guitar works when I'm done. After my initial attempt I decided the tone knob wasn't working for my Pearly Gates Neck pickup. I took a look and realized I had left out the Russian oil and paper tone capacitor. I popped that on and BAM! All was well. The only issue I'm having now is I don't seem to have control of both volumes when I have both pickups running at once. I'm going to dive back in and see which wires might crossed. Other than that I'm really digging the Jimmy Page wiring. there are tons of tonal options (22) and while tonal options can lead to you doing nothing but fiddling with your knobs I still think more options are better than less.

A big thanks to Deaf Eddie and his schematic I used:
http://www.deaf-eddie.net/drawings/jp-lp.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment